Our client, a highly successful, growing accounting firm is currently looking to fill a new bookkeeper/accounting assistant position. The company offers opportunity for growth, excellent benefits and an amazing team to work with every day.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for monthly financial statement preparation, general client maintenance, bank reconciliation, adjusting journal entries, sales tax returns, and fixed asset schedule maintenance. On a yearly basis, Assistants are responsible for year-end W-2’s, 1099’s, and personal property tax returns. Additional duties may include the preparation of timely payroll tax deposits and related filing instructions including quarterly payroll tax returns.
The job requires:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in accounting/finance
- Experience working with financial statements or banking
Personal Skill Requirements:
- This position requires a client service orientated personality
- Personable and professional with good written and verbal communication skills, the ability to relate to the client’s needs and maintain a strong, working relationship with our clients
- Possesses the ability to motivate him/herself, set own agenda, multi-task, and prioritize workload while delivering accurate work in a timely manner
- A team spirit – someone who wishes to excel, improve, and grow professionally as an individual and as part of a team
- Understands the process flow, meets deadlines, and manages expectations with all concerned parties
- Takes control and ownership of your work, reporting the end result to concerned parties in a timely, concise, proactive manner
- Must be on a continual learning curve staying ahead of issues developing in the accounting field that affect our clients
- Additional duties as required by management
Salary is $17.00/hr. to $20.00/hr. with very generous incentive program after initial training.